Mask and snorkel ready... dive, dive, dive!
Life Guard on duty.
No shell escapes mom's keen eyes.
Another shell to add to the collection.
One day we met three missionary couples at the beach. They were serious about finding shells. They brought shovels, wire screen sifters and big sacks to carry their finds home. But, mom was not interested in sand sifting, so she headed back into the water to find her shells.
It was a beautiful beach and we went there four times. The UV index was 14 so you have to make sure you get full coverage with the sun block. Once I put a thin coat on my left arm... big mistake. I had a red arm for several days. The sun even penetrates fabric, so two hours on the beach was the max.
When our two hours was up we had to leave our beautiful beach, the shells and fishes and the little thatched roof hut and find our way back down the highway, through the traffic and back through the gates of the temple to the quiet safety of our apartment to inspect the shell collection of the day
Through the tunnel to the street where we parked the car.
One final look back at the beach from the tunnel... until we come again.




I love that last picture. I always have to take one last look of the beach when I leave, too. I'm glad to see a photo of you, James, even though I wasn't warned ahead of time to put on my sunglasses first!
ReplyDelete