Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bryce National Canyon

I have been through Bryce Canyon before when I was a kid and our family was on the way to the traditional visit with grandma and grandpa in Utah. We drove through and I don't remember seeing much of the scenery, so this was just like the first time I was in Bryce Canyon. The park landscape is very different that Zion's. It has lots of "hoodoo's", wind eroded pinnacles of red rock.

A small reservoir, on the way to Bryce Canyon, looks so blue in the mountains.


This is the first sight of the red mountain walls and the entrance into the Red Canyon that leads to Bryce Canyon.

Here we are at the entrance to Bryce Canyon National Park.




We're not in the park at Bryce lookout. You can see forever. The hoodoo towers below look tiny, but they are really hundreds of feet tall.


Hoodoos everywhere!






A view from Inspiration Point.



The next pictures are from Sunrise Point.






We had a great time seeing new sites, talking with people from around the world, and just sharing the experience together. Hope you enjoy the view from your computer screen.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. I wish you would have been with us on our trip to England, Italy and Switzerland last month to be our photographer.

    ReplyDelete